Lino key block and cardboard jigsaw print. 12cms x 15cms. Limited edition of 6 on Reeves BKF paper.
Free shipping. Prints are shipped unframed (frames and/or matte board shown on this site are for display purposes only).
Rawnsley Park Station, on the southern face of Wilpena Pound, was settled as part of Arkaba Station in 1851. Arkaba, Wilpena and Aroona were the first pastoral leases settled in the Central Flinders Ranges. The initial pastoral leases were granted for a period of 14 years by the Colony of South Australia for what was then known as ‘unoccupied waste lands’. In 1895 parts of Arkaba Station were subdivided for farming allotments. A portion of Arkaba was granted as a Perpetual Lease (99 years from change of ownership).The years 1895 to 1919 were the period of greatest farming activity.
The name Rawnsley comes from Rawnsley Bluff, the southern tip of the pound. This, in turn, was named after HC Rawnsley who arrived from England under false pretences claiming to be a surveyor.
In 1968 tourism was developed as a sideline to grazing, however, tourism is now the major enterprise at Rawnsley Park.